Python for Data Science
Python has become the go to language for machine learning and data science. This fast-paced, interactive course introduces learners to the fundamentals of Python for data science computation. You will learn the core tools in use today, including NumPy, Pandas, Plotly, and Sklearn. Along the way you'll build projects that put these tools to work, and visualize them by creating a webapp using Streamlit.
Course taught by expert instructors
AI Scientist at SAP
Shalvi Mahajan is an experienced Data Scientist and Software Engineer with a demonstrated history of working in the computer software industry. She is currently an AI Scientist at SAP SE, where her work focuses on deep learning, machine learning, natural language processing, and data mining techniques.
Learn and apply skills with real-world projects.
- ProjectA pairwise distance (L1 & L2 norm) used for calculating how far given point is from all Airbnb listingsLearn
- File Input/Output
- Computation on arrays
- Slicing, indexing, and modifying arrays
- ProjectClean a dataset using Pandas, and perform feature engineeringLearn
- Pandas data structures
- Operating on data in Pandas
- Handling missing data
- Combining datasets
- ProjectVisualizations of the Airbnb dataset using PlotlyLearn
- Graphs, charts and histograms
- Customizing visualizations
- Overlaying plots and advanced visualization
- ProjectImplement Sklearn algorithms and perform on our Dataset to make predictionsLearn
- Supervised ML
- Unsupervised ML
Work on projects that bring your learning to life.
Made to be directly applicable in your work.
Live access to experts
Sessions and Q&As with our expert instructors, along with real-world projects.
Network & community
Core reviews a study groups. Share experiences and learn alongside a global network of professionals.
Support & accountability
We have a system in place to make sure you complete the course, and to help nudge you along the way.
Course success stories
Learn together and share experiences with other industry professionals
This course is for...
Anyone with some programming knowledge interested in becoming a Data Analyst, Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer.
Software Engineers skilled in programming looking for a career change into data science.
Financial Analysts, Accountants, or other professionals looking to learn Python for powerful analysis.
Comfort with Python fundamentals (e.g., variables, functions, lists, loops, dictionaries, higher-order functions, and object-oriented programming)