Managing High-Trust Remote Teams
This course covers trust, its role in high-performing teams, and how to build this in a remote-first world. The course is designed to help you reflect and refine the way you show up as a leader, the type of culture you build, and ultimately, help you help your team reach a new level of performance. We’ll review and practice new tools to add to your chest, and build a plan to get your team to its next iteration.
Course taught by expert instructors
Sr. Development Manager at Shopify
Jesse is a Sr. Engineering leader at Shopify, where he supports several teams. Before that he worked with multiple teams as a consultant to help them ship more, better and faster. Authored Embracing Uncertainty, offering practical tips and techniques for building and maintaining high-performing teams. Recently spoke at QCon SF and Gartner's Apps Summit on remote team leadership. More details, and ongoing thinking, can be found on his website and blog.
Learn and apply skills with real-world projects.
Experienced leaders figuring out how to navigate our new digital-first world and help their teams regain some of the lost cultural identity.
New leaders who are looking to rapidly expand their tool chest with techniques necessary in remote, that's just as valuable in-person.
Dedication and enthusiasm for developing your skills
Openness to giving and receiving feedback
Readiness to actively participate and engage
Commitment to confidentiality
This course is practice based - having a team will help with that!
Try these prep courses first
- Why trust matters
- Social trust as a foundation for team trust
- Authenticity and its impacts
- Ways to build social trust
- Making spaces safe: facilitation basics
- Ways to build deep trust
- It can’t only be remote -- high-leverage in-person moments
- Self-assessment on triggers, tripwires, and authenticity -- Today is a chance to be authentic and honest. This takes practice!
- Let’s get serious: NYT Q’s to fall in love, rotating facilitators
- Let’s get even more serious: life graph
- Plan your next 2 weeks with your team; be ready to shareback
- Why conflict is good and necessary
- Making space for conflict
- How do you respond to challenge? Disruption? Surprise?
- What forums do you have for different kinds of challenges -- 1:1s, team rituals, tech review, product sessions
- What you reward and what you punish is your culture
- Shareback & recap how team activities have been going
- Revist self-assessment: how does the way you show up nurture conflict? Prevent conflict?
- Audit: what forums do you have? How effective are they?
- Audit: what kinds of conflict do you see? Where is it lacking?
Work on projects that bring your learning to life.
Made to be directly applicable in your work.
Live access to experts
Sessions and Q&As with our expert instructors, along with real-world projects.
Network & community
Core reviews a study groups. Share experiences and learn alongside a global network of professionals.
Support & accountability
We have a system in place to make sure you complete the course, and to help nudge you along the way.
Get reimbursed by your company
More than half of learners get their Courses and Memberships reimbursed by their company.
Hundreds of companies have dedicated L&D and education budgets that have covered the costs.