Leveraging Team Member Strengths to Drive Results
Research shows that people do their best work when they spend their time on things that align with their passions and strengths. Sounds simple, right? In practice, it can be challenging to match people’s strengths to the business-critical needs within a fast-moving company. In this course, we’ll cover some of the core steps necessary to level up your team’s engagement and performance, covering how to:
Course taught by expert instructors
Executive Coach, Former Director of Partnerships
Katie brings more than 15 years of experience in building and scaling teams at high-growth technology companies to her role as an instructor. As Senior Director of Partnerships for Instagram, she successfully built and managed a global partnerships team of over 60 people where she helped individuals and brands cultivate stronger relationships with their fans. Prior to this, Katie held leadership positions at Facebook and Google, where she led teams focused on customer marketing, product marketing communications, and operations. Katie is also a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC). She holds a B.A. in Economics and a M.A. in Psychology from Stanford University.
Learn and apply skills with real-world projects.
Experienced leaders looking to reduce team member burnout, increase team collaboration, and uplevel team effectiveness
Newer leaders looking to rapidly expand their leadership skills
Dedication and enthusiasm for developing your skills
Readiness to actively participate and engage
Openness to giving and receiving feedback
Commitment to confidentiality
You'll need a team! Completion of this course requires actual 1:1s with team members. (You'll have time to practice in class)
Try these prep courses first
- Conduct a strengths audit with your team
- How to help your team members get clear about energizes them at work (and what depletes them)
- How to set expectations for engagement and career growth (both for you as the manager AND your team)
- How to explicitly connect employee strengths to their projects and goals
- Use self-audit tools: What lights you up personally?
- Go from personal insights to implementing real changes in projects and how you spend your time
- Practice manager conversations
- How to cultivate collaboration among team members with complementary strengths
- How to match company priorities with the interests and career aspirations of employees
- Practice tools to cultivating team member self-awareness, aligning on growth goals as a manager, and implementing
- Build action plans for employees to intentionally use their strengths in their top work priorities
- Practice designing “superteams” of employees with complementary strengths to tackle critical projects
Work on projects that bring your learning to life.
Made to be directly applicable in your work.
Live access to experts
Sessions and Q&As with our expert instructors, along with real-world projects.
Network & community
Core reviews a study groups. Share experiences and learn alongside a global network of professionals.
Support & accountability
We have a system in place to make sure you complete the course, and to help nudge you along the way.
Get reimbursed by your company
More than half of learners get their Courses and Memberships reimbursed by their company.
Hundreds of companies have dedicated L&D and education budgets that have covered the costs.