Data Strategy for Innovation
Data Strategy for Innovation is an immersive course that equips participants with the knowledge and tools to harness data as a catalyst for innovation within their organizations. The course delves into the crucial components of a successful data strategy, encompassing data capture, management, and analytics-- all tailored towards accelerating innovation and driving business value.
Course taught by expert instructors
Founder at Turbulence, Fellow at Cambridge Judge Business School
Dr. Mark Bloomfield, founder of Turbulence (www.turbulence.group), has 15 years-experience delivering growth through data-driven innovation strategies. He is devoted to guiding organizations towards forward-thinking strategies and serves as a trusted advisor to startups across diverse sectors. In July 2022, Mark became a Fellow at Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, where he specializes in data-driven innovation and sustainability.
Learn and apply skills with real-world projects.
Business leaders seeking to drive innovation and growth through data-driven strategies
Data professionals aiming to maximize the impact of data on organizational innovation
Product managers looking to leverage data for product improvement and breakthrough
Familiarity with essential data concepts such as: data collection, data storage and data processing
A foundational understanding of data analysis techniques
A base-level understanding of business segments (strategy, marketing, finance) and how they all work together
Try these prep courses first
- Introduction to data strategy for innovation
- Key data concepts and principles
- Business principles and their relationship with data strategy
- Cutting-edge innovation frameworks
- Introduction to the Lighthouse Project
- Structure your project
- Construct an early hypothesis
- How to identify opportunities through internal and external data analysis
- Existing products and services using data insights
- How to build a data-driven innovation flywheel
- Real-world case studies of data-driven innovation
- Identify opportunities that may be ripe for improvement through data initiatives
- Determining scope of your Lighthouse Project
- Understand the data you need and which parts of the business to start in
- Refine your hypothesis
- How to use decision-making frameworks to ensure alignment with organizational goals and objectives
- The role of data strategy in managing experimentation.
- Rapid prototyping, iteration, and data-driven feedback
- How to prioritize and run experiments
- How to overcome the fear of failure and embrace risk-taking
- Prioritize which experiments to set up to test ideas
- Stakeholder mapping and influencing others to support the experimentation efforts
- Determine how Lighthouse Project experiments will be evaluated
- How to tailor innovation data strategies for specific industries and challenges
- Data strategy for AI
- Balancing privacy, ethics, and compliance in data strategy
- How to measure the success of data-driven innovation initiatives
- Sustaining data-driven innovation and enabling long-term resilient growth
- Develop your comprehensive Data Strategy for Innovation plan
- Bring all your learnings together into a comprehensive proposal
- Build strategies to quantify the ROI of your proposal
- Communicate results in a final presentation
Work on projects that bring your learning to life.
Made to be directly applicable in your work.
Live access to experts
Sessions and Q&As with our expert instructors, along with real-world projects.
Network & community
Core reviews a study groups. Share experiences and learn alongside a global network of professionals.
Support & accountability
We have a system in place to make sure you complete the course, and to help nudge you along the way.
Get reimbursed by your company
More than half of learners get their Courses and Memberships reimbursed by their company.
Hundreds of companies have dedicated L&D and education budgets that have covered the costs.